Tuesday, March 31, 2015

No Excuses



 
It's been a ridiculously long time since I have posted here. And I have no excuses. I have wanted to write so many times and never did. Now I am at the point where I feel like I will burst if I don't write... So here I am!

I think I have been "stuck" for a while. Stuck in the same old life routine. Going through the motions and getting very overwhelmed with all that there is to do... Cleaning, bills, laundry, holidays and birthdays, etc.   I waste time thinking and worrying about things not worth worrying about and/or are out of my control.  I am literally stuck in my house a lot which doesn't help.  I am very happy that warmer weather is just around the corner!

I have been thinking about how much my life has changed in the past decade. I used to live in the city and work long hours in the event planning field. I have never liked using my visual impairment as an excuse for anything. But in reality, the type of work I did caused strain on my eyes. Since it takes me longer to focus, it took me longer to get work done. Thus, I would work long hours, get exhausted and eventually get so overwhelmed and stressed that I would want to quit. 

 I was not consistent with my physical fitness during this time.  Sure I joined gyms and actually went sometimes. I participated in aerobics and yoga classes. I even joined a boot camp program that ran and exercised around Boston. (That was a killer but I enjoyed it.)   I was never satisfied  with my weight...never way too heavy but never quite as fit as I would have liked.
 
Fast forward to today.  I live in the suburbs, have a wonderful husband and two beautiful  girls.   I have a nice house which I find very difficult to keep organized.  I do not work full time but babysit often.  I have no desire to go back to working in the corporate world, straining my eyes at a computer screen (at least not right now!)  But as I said, I have been feeling "stuck" lately.   I have been feeling like I should be doing something meaningful. 

So...I have made a decision which I can already tell will change my life. 
I have become a Team Beachbody Coach!
 
Ok this does not mean I am trying to fi into a tiny bikini by the summer. If it happens that's great but that's not my goal.  I do want to feel healthier, stronger, happier, more energetic,  and more self-confident. I will be happy if I can rock a stylish one-piece at the beach!  While in Rockport, I want  to go into the shops and try on a cute sundress and feel lgood in it.  I do not want to look at pictures of myself and think I look chubby,

In a previous blog post I wrote about my experience with Focus T25. Well I did that (and loved it) and then stopped and let myself go a bit. Now I am in my 6th week of PIYO (a Pilates/yoga mix) and this time when I finish the 8 weeks, I will keep going with the advanced program. 
I will not make excuses. I can't! I am a coach now! I want to motivate others so I better keep it up!  It helps that I actually really LOVE PIYO! 
 
Since I can't drive myself to a gym and probably wouldn't even if I could, the DVD workout programs are perfect for me.  (I never felt comfortable at gyms.). I can plant myself in front of my 60 inch TV and pause it if I need to get a closer look.  I can workout on my own time....often right after putting the girls to bed. In the past six weeks I have lost about five pounds and can see a big difference physically and emotionally. I have been drinking Shakeology and it feels great to fill my body with such nutrition.As Chalene Johnson says exercising makes you a happier, healthier, and more patient person. She is so right. It has helped me to not get so overwhelmed when faced with various situations.  It is teaching me that I can change for the better. I like myself better when I feel happier. I feel happier when I exercise! It's a circular effect.   I have noticed myself being more patient with the kids, feeling more self-assured at social events, even ready to tackle household projects! 
 
So there are a number of reasons why I am excited to launch my own Team Beachbody business. It's something I can do without needing to get rides. It will not give me  headaches. It's all positive! I am on a team with my awesome sister, mom and cousin. We have all been working hard and motivating each other. And we are part of a bigger team with an amazing  team leader. She provides excellent training and support because she legitimately wants everyone to succeed. 
 
I am grateful to my sister for helping me realize that this was the right move for me!  I have seen how positive this experience has been for her in such a short period of time.   I am excited to see where this takes me!  I encourage others who might be feeling the way I was to consider joining me in this adventure!  

4 comments:

Mary Jane's Playcare said...

Awesome Heather. I have seen such a difference in you and Sarah. You are both stronger, happier, and healthier. And we are all supporting each other so much. It truly is fun. I'll never wear a bikini again but I will be stronger and healthier.
You guys rock.
Love this blog. And love you.

sgangi40 said...

OMG! I can't even put in to words how I feel right now... I'll give it a shot, but there's no way I can fully express this awesome feeling..., I am seriously crying a puddle of such happy tears right now! I love you so much, Heather! I couldn't wait to share this feeling with you! I am so psyched for us both to finally be "un-stuck". You summed it up perfectly. This experience is so positive and so awesome... Just like my awesome sister 😉😘 💜

Lida Vélez said...

La vida se nos ha hecho difícil a causa de nuestra enfermedad, el secreto es hacer de ella un espacio tranquilo y feliz, tú ya lo hiciste! felicidades! 

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed your blog thanks for writing. I'm a 57 year old that was giving the Stargardt news when I was was 47. Yes does not make sense because we know the definition of Stargardt's. But that is the way it happen. I'm really happy to read what other's have to say. Thanks again.